Fattoria Castiglionchio is a rustic style farmhouse set in extensive grounds, with a picturesque backdrop of rolling, verdant hills and forests. This atmospheric holiday venue comprises simply furnished apartments, split between the main villa and surrounding farmhouses. Families will love this place, full as it is with outdoorsy things for kids and adults – two swimming pools and an abundance of pretty pathways, perfect for walking, cycling and pony trekking. The restaurant serves hearty traditional local food, but only opens on four evenings of the week. For country living, its location is unbeatable, 3km from the small village of Rosana, 5km from Pontassieve and only 15km from Florence. Car hire is a must here, as provisions are only possible from local outlets, and with Tuscany brimful of monuments, culture and breathtaking sights it would be a shame to miss out!
- Reception (09:00-19:30)
- 2 swimming pools (May-Sept)
- Children’s pool
- Children’s playground
- Laundry/ironing board
- Trekking paths & maps
- Table tennis
- Billiards table
- Car park
- Bicycle hire & tennis courts (payable locally)
Apartments are decorated in traditional rustic style. Utensils and bedlinen provided, with weekly linen change. Towels and cots can be hired locally. A deposit of €100 to be paid on arrival.
One Bedroom Apartment (2 persons & 2-3 persons): Living/dining room with kitchenette, double bedroom and bathroom with shower and wc.
One Bedroom Apartment (2-4 persons): Living/dining room with kitchenette and double sofa bed, double bedroom and bathroom with shower and wc.
Two Bedroom Apartment (3-5 persons):One double bedroom, one bedroom with bunk beds or two single beds, living room with sofa bed, kitchenette and bathroom with shower and wc.
- Welcome gift: One bottle of wine on arrival
- Children’s animation twice weekly for a half day (payable locally): Walk in the wood, visit the animals, make bread and pizzas, tractor ride or horseriding. Snack included. (Children must be over 4 years)
- Guided weekly visits to the farm including tasting of local products (payable locally)
- Daily fresh bread service (payable and reservable locally)
- Special events, e.g. vine and olive harvests and concerts throughout the season
- Trekking: Free map with 25km of paths in the surrounding area
- Cookery course or Italian lessons on request (payable locally)
Popular with ~ Families ~
Call (01) 6111047
Mon - Fri: 9:30am - 5:30pm
Sat: 10am - 1pm