A country of deeply historical towns, stylish lakes and sunshine-infused beach resorts – Italy’s holiday destinations are as diverse as they come.
- Adriatic RivieraItaly's Adriatic Riviera and its near-obscene splendour is a beach-lover's playground. Mingle with the locals and many repeat visitors in areas such as Bologna, Cattolica and Rimini.
- Amalfi Coast & SorrentoCarved into Italy’s south-west shoreline, the Amalfi Coast coils its way from Naples, past the Sorrentine peninsula, and on to the romantic Positano. Don't miss the ferry to Capri and Ischia.
- Italian CitiesItaly is Europe's unrivalled queen of city breaks. Sightsee in Rome, Pisa and Florence; soak up the atmosphere of Venice, Milan and Naples and engross yourself in the culture of Bologna and Verona.
- Italian LakesLake Garda, Lake Como and Lake Maggiore are the definition of tranquillity. Experience soothing silence, unbroken but for the occasional birdsong and steady swish of water lapping the shore.
- PugliaPuglia alternates between upmarket harbour towns and secluded seaside villages. Visit Bari and Lecce for sightseeing and Gargano and Trani to truly get away from it all.
- SardiniaWorld-renowned for its white stone coastlines and curious history, Sardinia truly has something for everyone.
- SicilyThe largest island in the Mediterranean, Sicily is also home to Europe’s largest active volcano. Tour Agrigento and Palermo before stretching out under the Sicilian sun at Giardini Naxos.
- TuscanyTuscany is the ultimate destination for the discerning traveller. The cities of Florence and Pisa need no introduction, while Viareggio and Marina di Pietrasanta provide a touch of quiet coastal charm.
- Venetian RivieraItaly’s answer to the traditional sun holiday, Lido di Jesolo and Caorle overlook golden sands and clear blue waters. Make sure to part ways with the sun lounger to make the trip to nearby Venice.